Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21 October, 2014, 02:29:27 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

WELCOME TO THE ONLINE FORUMS FOR THE BELL'S PALSY ASSOCIATION | Charity Reg. 1094039

+  Bells Palsy Support Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  GENERAL DISCUSSION - Open To All
| | |-+  Hearing sensitivity
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hearing sensitivity  (Read 1242 times)
Deeb
« on: 11 September, 2010, 07:22:42 pm »

Wow - where did the sensitive hearing come from, my ears feel like they are going to explode, just put a pan in the oven and it felt like my head was going to blow off!! Assume this is another of the symptoms of this lovely illness? I seem to be having new symptoms every hour, however i have taken photos over the last couple of days, and my mouth hasn't changed, my eye just won't fully close now - I have no blink but had been able to close my eye to sleep, but now it's only about 70% closed - will keep putting the drops in.....

This illness just keeps getting better and better  Roll Eyes

I am starting a warts and all blog with photos, it's about the only think I can control at the moment, and for me is good therapy - I will post the link as soon as I get up and running, and hopefully other newbies will find it useful.
pj
« Reply #1 on: 11 September, 2010, 08:13:32 pm »

Deeb
hearing sensitivity is normal, as you say another lovely side effect. You'll be sensitive to cold and wind probably and try putting a bit of cotton wool in the ear when you go out.
If you're a techie and switched on enough to do blogs and links and all that stuff, then you could check out YouTube and " fitgirl15 " 's blog. She is just over 4.5 months in and has recorded herself and recovery every week with comments, video and updates from week 1 to I think it's week 18 now- so very current.
Take care
pj 
kluget
« Reply #2 on: 11 September, 2010, 08:16:48 pm »

The sensitivity to hearing is due to a muscle in our ear that muffles loud sounds and now is not working, so loud sounds are going to be amplified.  I too was very bothered by putting away the dishes when the plates clanked each other, I would cringe.  My husband's loud boisterous laugh would also make me cringe,LOL it will hopefully subside soon.  I think it lasted about 2-3 weeks for me.  Hang in there, and believe me there is never a dull moment with this illness.
I also have been following fitgirl's progress ans PJ suggested.  It is really interesting to see others recovery as compared to our own.
debbie1056
Forum God

Fully recovered

« Reply #3 on: 11 September, 2010, 08:20:30 pm »

Hi
With BP sound is very amplified it used to drive me mad.  When l first got diagnoised with BP A & E wrote to my GP to advise him to refer me to ENT consultant 3 months from the onset.  I thought this was usual practice in the UK, when l went to ENT they gave me full hearing test which came back all was ok, but the consultant was brilliant and had a lot of knowledge about BP.  It may be worth asking your GP for a referrel to ENT just to check all is ok.
Regards
Debbie
Jet
Forum God

Bilateral BP, recovered! Caused by Sarcoidosis

« Reply #4 on: 12 September, 2010, 09:31:25 am »

Deeb,

I think the blog is a brilliant idea.  With hindsight, I wish I'd done something like that but at the time I was too fed up to do much lol

Sarcoidosis medical info: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Sarcoidosis.htm

Sarcoidosis support and information: www.uksarcoid.org

My Sarcoidosis journey thread: http://www.bellspalsy.org.uk/support-forums/index.php?topic=781.0
Deeb
« Reply #5 on: 12 September, 2010, 09:35:40 am »

Thanks again - I am just working on the blog and hope to have it live tomorrow.

Had a good,nights sleep, and am managing not to have to tape up my eye as it is still closing for sleep, but not blinking. Speech has become a little more slurred today especially b and p, but I have just,spoken to my mom by phone and she said it wasn't that bad.

Thought I noticed a slight difference in my smile in that the frozen side moved about a millimetre, but It could just be wishful thinking....

Baby steps....
Jet
Forum God

Bilateral BP, recovered! Caused by Sarcoidosis

« Reply #6 on: 12 September, 2010, 09:38:21 am »

Ah, the wonderful inability to say B and P! Kind of sucks when it's called Bells Palsy really haha.  I struggled saying F too, although I found if I held the corner of my mouth I managed better, especially if I had to use the phone.

Sarcoidosis medical info: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Sarcoidosis.htm

Sarcoidosis support and information: www.uksarcoid.org

My Sarcoidosis journey thread: http://www.bellspalsy.org.uk/support-forums/index.php?topic=781.0
Pookie
« Reply #7 on: 12 September, 2010, 04:46:43 pm »

It affected my hearing too. And the speech thing is just annoying! I did find that talking was quite tirring and I would literally have a tired face at the end of the day.

My hubby nick named me Popeye ( Such a funny boy!) always maintain a sense of humour;)

Hang on in there  Sx
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length