Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 November, 2017, 06:01:45 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

WELCOME TO THE ONLINE FORUMS FOR THE BELL'S PALSY ASSOCIATION | Charity Reg. 1094039

+  Bells Palsy Support Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  GENERAL DISCUSSION - Open To All
| | |-+  8 weeks progress
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 8 weeks progress  (Read 2181 times)
Naggu
« on: 10 September, 2010, 11:24:53 am »

It will be 8 weeks on 12th September. Face is 99% back to normal apart from some very subtle barely perceptible difference. Eye waters when in front of computer for more than half an hour, but I dont need to put viscolube except once or twice. I still cannot squeeze the right eye same as left, but it is getting there. I am getting back to work on the 13th September as I am pretty much sick of sitting at home.
I would like to thank you all on this forum for the support.  Grin
Naggu
DebbieL
« Reply #1 on: 10 September, 2010, 01:15:46 pm »

That's really great news Naggu --  congratulations!!
janb
Full Timer

« Reply #2 on: 10 September, 2010, 02:02:51 pm »

Great news! so pleased for you.
debbie1056
Forum God

Fully recovered

« Reply #3 on: 10 September, 2010, 03:25:32 pm »

Well done on a quick recovery
Debbie
LoBo
« Reply #4 on: 10 September, 2010, 05:11:52 pm »

Wonderful news, Naggu!  Congratulations and best wishes as you get back into your normal life.  Smiley
jacqui newcastle
« Reply #5 on: 10 September, 2010, 06:44:26 pm »

Wink Congratulations, that is amazing news!!!
Can you please tell me when you first noticed even the slightest improvements and how long it took?  And what the signs were?

Many thanks

Jacqui
Jet
Forum God

Bilateral BP, recovered! Caused by Sarcoidosis

« Reply #6 on: 10 September, 2010, 06:59:43 pm »

Excellent news Naggu!

Jacqui, everyone is different but I first noticed improvement after about 5-6 weeks.  It started with twitching around my nose and mouth.

Sarcoidosis medical info: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Sarcoidosis.htm

Sarcoidosis support and information: www.uksarcoid.org

My Sarcoidosis journey thread: http://www.bellspalsy.org.uk/support-forums/index.php?topic=781.0
jacqui newcastle
« Reply #7 on: 10 September, 2010, 07:06:39 pm »

Many thanks for your quick reply, you say you started twitching around 5-6 weeks are you now fully recovered at 12 - sorry i know everyone is different just want as many opinions as possible, take care

Jacqui and si x
Naggu
« Reply #8 on: 10 September, 2010, 10:54:23 pm »

Jacqui,
I started getting some improvement within the first week, although quite minimal. I suppose the first definite observable improvement in my cheek took about 10 days. Forehead came last at about 4 weeks. Now at about 8 weeks, neck is completely normal, cheek and forehead is 99% OK, with slight weakness. Eyelid muscles are getting there, but is taking its time. I can shut my right eye completely but it is not as strong as the left.
Naggu.
Jet
Forum God

Bilateral BP, recovered! Caused by Sarcoidosis

« Reply #9 on: 12 September, 2010, 08:27:52 am »

Jacqui,

My case was slightly different because I had BP first on my right side and then 3 weeks later my left too.  Don't be alarmed and think this may happen to your husband!  I think I'm the only one actively on this forum that it's happened to, but LoBo can put me right if that's not the case.  It's very rare and it was caused by Sarcoidosis.. but I've only had a diagnosis of that recently, at the time I just thought I was extremely unlucky!

My right side improved first, closely followed by my left.  I would say that by about 16 weeks I was more or less back to normal on both sides.  I didn't do any exercises whatsoever and I'm not an advocate of them.  I did take a vitamin B12 supplement, I don't know if it helped but it certainly didn't hurt.

Sarcoidosis medical info: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Sarcoidosis.htm

Sarcoidosis support and information: www.uksarcoid.org

My Sarcoidosis journey thread: http://www.bellspalsy.org.uk/support-forums/index.php?topic=781.0
DebbieL
« Reply #10 on: 12 September, 2010, 04:19:58 pm »

Hi Jet.  My first two episodes weren't as close together as yours, but I got it the first time in June of 1984 on the left, then on the right in November of the same year.  I've never had a full recovery and have gone on to have it 5 more times, but I'm a true oddball!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length