Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21 May, 2018, 05:54:25 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

WELCOME TO THE ONLINE FORUMS FOR THE BELL'S PALSY ASSOCIATION | Charity Reg. 1094039

+  Bells Palsy Support Forums
|-+  Regional - UNITED KINGDOM
| |-+  ENGLAND - East Midlands
| | |-+  No one in the East Midlands???
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: No one in the East Midlands???  (Read 21960 times)
Becs
« Reply #15 on: 01 October, 2012, 05:04:05 pm »

Hi,

Are you lot still out there? I'm in Broughton Astley in Leicestershire and am having my first case of BP at 39. I'm at 1 week 1 day now, get the headaches, neck/ear ache and along jaws. My face feels tender and I get tired easily. The furthest I've been since last tuesday is a wobble down to the shop, avoiding the colourful blurry shapes whizzing past and trying to keep my eye out of the wind (pah!). Where do I get an eyepatch from?

Becs.
Steevi
« Reply #16 on: 19 January, 2013, 08:47:30 pm »

Hi There Recovering fron BP is easier than getting access to this site Grin. I'm in Nottingham and getting better. 5 weeks in and after the initial shock then tiredness at recovering feelings. I'm now well on the way to recovery.
                Good luck all of you, I found lots of people who have got friends or relatives who have had B.P. but no one who had actually had it. Hang in there.
LottieLove
« Reply #17 on: 25 February, 2013, 03:49:52 pm »

hi im from sutton in ashfield but currently in derby due to uni!
i was born with bells palsy and have had it all of my life, i believe that i personally cope rather well with it as ive had it for 19 years now... i have never thought about going online to find others with the same problem but im glad i have done now. Smiley
Shoes

« Reply #18 on: 27 May, 2014, 09:07:06 pm »

Hi I'm in peterborough
Had bp for nearly 2years, been a roller coaster of a journey but have come out the other side with 90% recovery. I was referred to Vanessa venables and I have never looked back since. She gave me exercises for the tightness and Botox for unwanted movement.pls feel free to message me anytime
BigMark

« Reply #19 on: 30 June, 2014, 01:07:03 am »

Until 8 days ago I'd never even heard of Bells Palsy, but now I'm 7 days out of the QMC EENT ward and popping lots of Steroids. 
It's good to see there's a few decent websites out there on the condition.

Am personally amazed at how many people have heard of Bells Palsy and know someone who's been affected!

Not worried just yet... have started to see and feel some muscle movement in my left eyebrow and cheek over the past 24 hours.... so fingers crossed.

For me it all seemed to start with an ear infection that caused my ear to swell up to 3 times it's usual size and go red.  Then developed numbness in the lips and tongue, before I lost control of the lips and then the entire left side of the face.
Derby sufferer

« Reply #20 on: 01 July, 2014, 10:04:05 pm »

Hi there.  I am from derby.  I woke up with bp last wed.  I thought I was having a stroke and was very frightened.

First doc told me would be fine in a couple of days!!  Massive shock when I discovered the seriousness of this illness.  I too am convinced I got this from an ear infection from swimming.  

Has anyone else felt really really Ill?  Obviously I am worried about the paralysis and I got progressively worse for five days so I am concerned at the potential for long term damage.  However have felt absolutely shattered more than I thought possible.  Is anyone else the same?

So on day seven and probably like most of you have done lots of research and as well as the meds of steroids and anti vitals I am on zinc and vit b supplements.  I have booked accupuncture for tomorrow night as that is meant to help.  I am even trying Epsom salt baths to draw out the toxins!!  You never know!  Very limited movement to eye coming back but I still can't close it!!  Other than that no change other than I threw up all over myself without warning this morning!! I guess that's the anti virals!! Oh the joy!!

Is anyone finding anything else to be helping?

Sending you all peace and a speedy recovery.  After all you wouldn't wish this on your worst enemy!!  What a hideous illness. Grin

« Last Edit: 01 July, 2014, 10:07:12 pm by Derby sufferer » Logged
Derby sufferer

« Reply #21 on: 03 July, 2014, 05:22:45 pm »

Got to let you all know.  At day 8 yesterday I had acupuncture to try and help with energy and to hopefully get some movement back in my eye.

The results were instant and whilst I am still not blinking I can now mostly close my eye which makes life so much easier for taping it up at night.

I saw the doc today for follow up and he just could not believe the improvement since Monday.  He says he has never seen anything like it!!

Still feel really poorly but a million times better than yesterday and the doctor says now we have seen improvement we should see continual improvement from now on!!

So good luck all, but if you are feeling low acupuncture is well worth a shot!!

Lyndag

« Reply #22 on: 15 January, 2018, 11:03:25 am »

Live in Duffield near derby.  BP started 8 Jan 2018
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length