Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 December, 2014, 01:25:18 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

WELCOME TO THE ONLINE FORUMS FOR THE BELL'S PALSY ASSOCIATION | Charity Reg. 1094039

+  Bells Palsy Support Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  GENERAL DISCUSSION - Open To All
| | |-+  Facial twitching
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Facial twitching  (Read 2734 times)
ShawnaM
« on: 13 October, 2010, 08:55:17 am »

I've been getting periodic facial twitches on the paralyzed side of my face. Is this a good sign?
It's not happening all the time, but throughout the day I will feel a quick twitch.

Has this happened to anyone before?  Huh
debbie1056
Forum God

Fully recovered

« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2010, 08:56:39 am »

Hi
Yes this is a good sign think everyone that has suffered with BP gets the twitches in the face
Regards
Debbie
jerseygirl
« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2010, 09:11:07 am »

Shawna
Great you've started twitching.  From little twitches onto bigger twitches and more movement.
kluget
« Reply #3 on: 13 October, 2010, 07:43:21 pm »

Very good signs, twitching is always welcome and means that nerves are starting to come alive again, good for you!
Jet
Forum God

Bilateral BP, recovered! Caused by Sarcoidosis

« Reply #4 on: 14 October, 2010, 08:04:43 am »

It's a great sign  Grin

Sarcoidosis medical info: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Sarcoidosis.htm

Sarcoidosis support and information: www.uksarcoid.org

My Sarcoidosis journey thread: http://www.bellspalsy.org.uk/support-forums/index.php?topic=781.0
Jodie1975
« Reply #5 on: 15 October, 2010, 09:08:18 am »

I've had loads of twitching over the last 3 weeks and mine's pretty much gone now, so yes, I'd definitely say a good sign Smiley
ShawnaM
« Reply #6 on: 15 October, 2010, 10:48:11 am »

I've had loads of twitching over the last 3 weeks and mine's pretty much gone now, so yes, I'd definitely say a good sign Smiley

Hey Jodie
You're twitching is gone, or your BP is pretty much gone? How long did you have it for?

Thanks!
jan7
« Reply #7 on: 15 October, 2010, 02:02:49 pm »

Hi Shawna,

Yes a good sign that things are sparking into action.

I had a few twitches after the second week around my top lip and then a few days afterwards i noticed that I  had a miniscule amount of movement there. No one else could notice it - but I knew my lip had slightly improved and then eventually after a few more days the movement gradually became a little more noticeable and it all appeared to stem from the initial twiching.

Took another week or so to get strong enough to actually do much in terms of start to make a differnece to my mouth shape but it's getting there!!

Remember  ......Large oaks grow from small seeds!

Jan xx
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length