Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24 March, 2017, 07:59:02 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

WELCOME TO THE ONLINE FORUMS FOR THE BELL'S PALSY ASSOCIATION | Charity Reg. 1094039

+  Bells Palsy Support Forums
|-+  Regional - UNITED KINGDOM
| |-+  ENGLAND - London
| | |-+  Bell's palsy - are there any forum for talks and meet ups?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bell's palsy - are there any forum for talks and meet ups?  (Read 5250 times)
Al

« on: 02 October, 2015, 08:47:50 am »

Hello,

I am a month into Bell's palsy with no signs of improvements at all. My GP said as there was no recovery in 4-5 weeks. It most likely is a severe case and I would need a long term rehabilitation and physiotherapy. This is quite frightening. Is there anyone going through the same? It would be helpful to talk to individuals going through the same.
Beebop100

« Reply #1 on: 16 November, 2016, 08:15:53 am »

I'm going through the same today is day 60 for me. The doctor in the emergency room told me I have a severe case and may not recover completely. I'm 71 and very freaked out by this. I had just returned from a fantastic snorkeling and diving and just fun trip to Cabo San Lucas in Baja Mexico. All relaxed and tan and looking pretty cute. 2 days later I looked like I had a stroke ( you know) and have slowly been recovering. I'm improved to the pint that I can almost close my eye, but it still bothers me very much.  It hurts, my vision in that eye which was my good eye, is severely compromised and everything looks blurry. I can almost smile a little, I can for the most part, drink out of a straw, which was totally impossible until a couple of days ago. I do look a lot better but still very crooked  ( "like everything on my face is in the wrong place). Do you know the feeling. Unfortunately, as of the last few days, I have a new symptom which is my ear on the affected side suddenly feels all stopped up. It's harder to hear and I'd really uncomfortable. So that where I am. I'll send you a few pictures. I have to warn you , the pictures from the first few days are scary as hell. Really bad. I havent proofread this. I hope there aren't any ridiculous typos., but just dont have it in me to reread this. All the best to you , my new online pal. . Jean.

How are you doing?  What progress have you made. I lived in the United States. In California, San Diego. Where are you?  Probably far away in England or somewhere?  It would be nice to find somebody nearby but Ibut I was very grateful to see your post and wanted to answer you right away. I hope you get this and we can communicate with each other. The worst part is I'm really afraid I won't get better enough to feel comfortable meeting new and other people. I just ended a 12 year relationship with a guy I should have ended with long ago. I was ready after coming back from my vacation to try to meet new people and maybe meet someone I could grow old ( older) with. But that just seems impossible now. I don't know if I'll get better enough to do that I still look like I've had a stroke and just not attractive to anyone. People look away when they see me and don't know what to say.   So, let's communicate. I'm anxious to know how you are doing. You are likely younger and will recover much better than I. I don't want to be disciyraging. Some days I'm more iptimistic than others.

So, my name is Jean Geisberg. I am divorced, have no children, I have one brother but we are not really close anymore. My parents both passed away at 95 years old!  My email address is: beebop100@gmail.com and my phone number is 619-795-1077 for texting or phone calls. I do still have a home phone 858-652-1899. Please let me know about you. This is the first time I've replied to anything like this. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length