Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
25 May, 2017, 09:16:55 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

WELCOME TO THE ONLINE FORUMS FOR THE BELL'S PALSY ASSOCIATION | Charity Reg. 1094039

+  Bells Palsy Support Forums
|-+  Regional - UNITED KINGDOM
| |-+  ENGLAND - East Midlands
| | |-+  5 weeks in and very slow signs of recovery...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 5 weeks in and very slow signs of recovery...  (Read 1721 times)
Cara

« on: 07 October, 2016, 11:47:08 am »

Hello,
I was diagnosed with BP five and a half weeks ago following a 5 day spell with Earache. My GP identified BP quickly even though the paralysis hadn't happened. I went to A&E for a scan to rule out a stroke. Had Acyclovir and Predisnolone for 7 days and was told to rest, and that I would start to recover in a couple of weeks. There is hardly any change so far and I am starting to despair. The right side of my face is still paralysed, and my eye won't close. there is some evidence of movement when I close my good eye, but it is very slight.

So far, I am not at work, am resting when I can, between maintaining a household for myself and my teenage daughter, and attending weekly acupuncture sessions. Very hard to know if the acupuncture is making any difference. I am making fresh fruit and veg juice every day, and am generally fit & healthy. Any other suggestions or experiences welcomed!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length