Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21 October, 2017, 02:14:14 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

WELCOME TO THE ONLINE FORUMS FOR THE BELL'S PALSY ASSOCIATION | Charity Reg. 1094039

+  Bells Palsy Support Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  GENERAL DISCUSSION - Open To All
| | |-+  new to bells
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new to bells  (Read 624 times)
suzukibruce

« on: 18 March, 2017, 01:48:12 am »

so i woke up 2 saturdays ago and realized something was wrong with my face, of course like most of us, i thought i had a stroke. well is wasnt, its bell's palsy. im a happy go lucky kind of guy and roll with the punches pretty well so i have been making light of the whole situation but its starting to get annoying... my right eye will not blink or close, even though i have no trouble opening it, i cant close it. i have the "i feel like someone punched me in the face" feeling and of course the facial paralysis. doc put me on prednisone, acyclovir and lyrica. i have also been taking b complex and l-lisine because i read somewhere that it helps (b.s.) so im going on week 3 here and have had zero improvement. i'm taping my eye closed since it is soooo much easier than putting drops in it every 30 seconds... anway for right now i'm trying to just have fun and cope with it...

DebbieL
Forum Senior

« Reply #1 on: 18 March, 2017, 02:22:02 pm »

Great eye patch!  Best of luck for a good recovery.  Good that your doctor gave you pred and antivirals.  You might have side effects from the Lyrica.  Not everyone does of course, but I'd definitely read the possible side effects and be aware just in case.  Your attitude is great, and may well help make your recovery easier than someone who is extremely stressed.

Hang in there!  This too shall pass!
NUBP27

« Reply #2 on: 16 April, 2017, 10:24:09 pm »

I wish you recovery
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length