Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April, 2018, 02:48:13 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

WELCOME TO THE ONLINE FORUMS FOR THE BELL'S PALSY ASSOCIATION | Charity Reg. 1094039

+  Bells Palsy Support Forums
|-+  Regional - WORLDWIDE
| |-+  USA
| | |-+  Acupuncture results
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Acupuncture results  (Read 86 times)
scotthw

« on: 03 April, 2018, 11:58:27 am »

I contracted BP in June 2016, waited 3 months before going to an acupuncturist.  After 4 treatments I was 90% recovered !  I wished I had gone sooner but honestly just didn't occur to me.  I continued for about 8 more treatments and got close to 100%.  Things were fine until about Fall of 2017 when symptoms reappeared. The re-emergent symptoms were minor comparatively, I  would say maybe 80% better than original onset.  This time I have issues with sufficient saliva and tear production on the left side, and very minor partial facial paralysis (no one would look at me and think there is an issue).  I have gone back to acupuncturist but no relief so far after 6 treatments - not surprised after this long.  Symptoms are almost non existent when I first awaken, then gradually get worse as I tire during the day,and have better days and worse days.  Stress definitely plays a role as symptoms can be MUCH worse during stressful times.  

What I will say is that the original acupuncturist used electrical stimulation, pulsed, NOT steady current and he cranked it up to to point where it was almost unbearable, but I feel like it was necessary for recovery.  Fall 2017 I tried a new practitioner who used electrical stimulation but steady current - it did absolutely nothing for me.  Now March 2018 trying yet another practitioner who started out with needles only, no e-stim.  After a few treatments they moved to pulsed e-stim but no real improvement yet, will try a few more sessions before throwing in the towel.

Will update here after a  few more treatments.
« Last Edit: 04 April, 2018, 02:26:56 pm by scotthw » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length