Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22 June, 2018, 05:57:35 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

WELCOME TO THE ONLINE FORUMS FOR THE BELL'S PALSY ASSOCIATION | Charity Reg. 1094039

+  Bells Palsy Support Forums
|-+  Regional - WORLDWIDE
| |-+  USA
| | |-+  New Diagnosis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Diagnosis  (Read 88 times)
dboardboy

« on: 27 May, 2018, 01:27:57 pm »

I found out I had BP on May 24.  I think I may have had the condition long before but it as subtle so I don't know exactly how long.  It likely began as simple eye twitches that would come and go over the years.  Spasms in the muscles I thought were related to stress.  On May 23 is when it took full effect, I lost the ability to blink my right eye.  I could still close it when closing both eyes forcefully. 

I went to the ER, got a MRI, and they said there was no damage or Brain function that would indicate another issue.  So the Neurologist said it was BP.  I thought maybe the condition would go away soon after reading optimistic websites that say so, but after finding this forum... well, I think I need to temper my expectations a little.  I am learning about facial exercises to help stimulate muscle or nerve activity within the face.

I'm an elementary school teacher, so the knowing that the kids will see it and wonder, that will be an adjustment i'll face after the Memorial Holiday weekend.  I guess its a challenge that God wanted me to experience for some greater good, least I hope. 
DetroitMan

« Reply #1 on: 28 May, 2018, 03:04:45 am »

Sorry to hear this.
I'm on week 7 now with some improvement to show.  You will find many posts on this forum showing people's progress - so you should keep up the hope.
Please read a little more on the risks of starting facial exercises or massaging so early - I see consistent warnings against starting these until the muscles start to show recovery as there is a possibility of synkinesis if you force movement.  Please inform yourself a little more before you decide.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length